Monday 23 June 2008

hmmm, well I managed to get out of the white room on the surface, but I'm technically still locked up. Some transfiguring spells do come in handy at times like these.

The game of Quiddich yesterday was a right good lesson in thinking. Here everyone was huddled around talking about when it would be released. Everyone was waiting around for clues etc, but one smart Hufflepuff (Go Selena!!) decided to take a wee wander around, and found it!

Now there have been some people complaining about the way in which it was done, so because of their grumbling a rematch is taking place. I don't agree with this at all for the simple fact that we all had an equal chance of finding the snitch, but only one happened to stumble upon it because she thought outside the box, unlike the rest of us.

So, like myself (who is kicking herself for not thinking) or thinking outside the ever so handy box, people have complained rather than taking it as a lesson learned. This rematch has totally put a black cloud on the fair victory gained by Selena and Hufflepuff (which I can proudly say I'm part of!).

Yes, I too was a bit miffed because I thought we were waiting for clues (this was my first quiddich match since leaving China), and I didn't get a chance to go search for the snitch, but in fact I did have the chance. I just didn't realise it cause I wasn't thinking! So I'm more mad at myself than the way the game was done, and others have complained because they are miffed, but rather than looking at the fact that everyone had the same fair chance they are crying foul.

Okay, so everyone was stupid save Selena, myself included! Rather than crying foul and demanding a rematch, we should just realise we were stupid, and we all learned a lesson. That is not to be the case, and a rematch is scheduled for Wednesday.

So a fairly won game is causing contraversy! Totally not very sportsman like, and very poor participation by some people.

1 comment:

Emma Wigworthy said...

Hi Lily,
What wise words!
Just dropping by to let you know that I've finished getting everything together for your kit now. I have to sort out the packaging now. All being well I should be sending it this coming week.
Love, Emma