Monday 22 June 2009

What a start to camp!

First I get into a huge argument with my dad about his work, name etc etc. He was so mad he blew up the kitchen. Since no one knows my dad, he's what my step mom calls 'horizontal' as in he's that laid back. So you can tell he was furious to blow up the kitchen, I'm surprised I made it out alive. I was almost not allowed to go to camp because I put his name down in an assignment.

Then I learned that snakes will be in the cabin and Ollie (my jumping spider) decided he wasn't going to come with me cause you never know if snakes will eat you. Fair enough, but I did check with the people that had snakes and none of their snakes eat spiders.

So all is okay somewhat as Ollie had decided to lay low to get a sense of how the snakes react and what they do, basically he was doing some 'stake out' (that's a muggle term according to Ollie, need to look it up). Then Thistle Lovegood (who is a first year by the way and doesn't know the ropes, another muggle term that means "she doesn't know the way or manner" or something along those lines) let loose a bunch of frogs!!!!

Okay bad enough for snakes, but frogs the mortal enemy of spiders! Especially when Ollie was about to come out of the hole in the wall. Well consider that plan canceled. So I spent ages trying to find a hole that lead to the outside of the cabin and not to the inside. So I missed the campfire with roasting pondpines! I can't believe it, as I love roasted pondpines! I still never found a hole by the way.

So I sort of gave up for the moment as what can I do other than drill a hole in the cabin wall? So I decided to leave Ollie in the wall, and let him come up with a plan on his own possibly since I know he is terribly smart. So me and my Lorimer's books go out for a walk.

I spend all afternoon worrying that Ollie has gotten eaten by the hoard of frogs that are probably encamped by the hole in the wall that I don't remember anything I did or saw in the woods. So I rush back cause I know something bad had to have happened.

I burst into the cabin to find.....................................................





Wizard War MMIV going on! Ollie somehow has managed to get the snakes on his side which is very difficult since Ollie doesn't speak Parceltongue! So there is Ollie on a snakes head giving orders to the other ones. Some snakes had frogs obviously in their throat (do snakes have throats???) anyways you can tell it was eating a frog. And some snakes had legs sticking out, and some where about to strike the frogs. Oh talk about mayhem!

I'm just hoping that the frogs that were eaten weren't pets, and they simply came into the cabin from outside. Anyways I managed to get the rest of the frogs out of the cabin using a "grenouille a demain" spell so the cabin is frog free, snakes are full for however long snakes stay full for, and Ollie is as snug as that damn bug in Clara's bed (which by the way I should be able to get rid of since in Lorimer's book of botany it has a plant that takes care of that).

So I think Ollie has made some friends with the serpants, but dare I say I am worried that the snakes are quite happy to take part in Ollie's devious plans? He's full of mischief and the snakes are going to get into trouble if they don't watch it.

I guess I really didn't need to worry about Ollie at all, I'm now more worried about the rest of us!

No comments: