Monday 15 June 2009

Summer Camp

My step mom signed me up for summer camp. Now to be honest I wasn't that pleased with the idea of spending summer with a bunch of people I might not know. Who wants to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with strangers?? I wasn't happy and spent a week in my room not talking to anyone trying to see what it would be like this coming summer.

My step mom left the brochures about the camp lying on the table for me to find I'm sure. So I couldn't help but read them to see what boring time I was in for. Well after reading the brochures I went looking for more information about camp because it actually sounded quite fun. Then of course an owl came by with my welcome letter that contained details of which cabin I'd be in. I was actually getting excited about leaving for the summer.

Funny I was surprised to find out that it was my dad that thought I should go, I wonder if he found out about it at work. See my dad works in a top secret section of the Ministry of Magic, to the point where I don't know what he actually does and I'm not allowed to find out until I graduate. Must be something pretty important, and scary if they are keeping me safe like this. I know he has an important job within his office so he might have come across the camp because of that. Anyways I'm quite happy that I'm going to camp now! Sometimes dads do know best.

The only problem is I'm in Ashwinder cabin, and I don't think Ollie will be happy about that. So he might decide to stay home or go traveling without me. That would be a total bummer cause Ollie is such a great spider, but some of the people in the cabin might be bringing their pet snakes. I'm not sure if Ollie and the Snakes would get along. Anyways I have to find out about that when I go, and maybe if it is alright he might come along later.

I think Dad is sending me to camp as it is 10 yrs since my mom died in a freak accident due to her somewhat silly twin sister who blew herself up while concocting something. I'll tell you all more about that when I get a chance, but I was really lucky to get such a great step mom and not a stepmonster. I hear stepmonsters can be really horrible.

Right I've packed my trunk about 15 times in the last 2 days. I really need to see what I have forgotten!

No comments: