Sunday 5 October 2008

Day out at Hogsmead

I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to go. For some odd reason, my father totally forgot to sign my permission slip. I was going to be totally gutted being the only one left behind, I hate being left behind.

I was fortunate enough to get my step-mother to get a hold of him, who knows where he is with his job! Anyways he was able to actually come to school and tell the Headmistress that I was able to go. Close call I tell you! Mind, my father kept looking at me strangely for some odd reason, but I only figured out why later.

So off I go, of course Ollie tagged along. He's well interested in traveling especially to magical places. So we wandered, well actually I wandered he was in coat pocket peeking out of the button hole, down the main street.

He wanted to go to the shrieking shack, I told him there was no point as it was abandoned and it wasn't scary at all ever since the older students figured it out. He was all geared up for some scary stuff. Stupid spider!

So we continued along our way when an older guy, well he's about 22, came up to me and asked me if I wanted to join him and his friends at The three broomsticks for some butterbeer. Now I'm totally wondering what is going on, some joke or something. But he was totally serious about me going, so what could I do? So I went. In we all pile and order pints of butterbeer, and have a few games of wizard chess, and something called dominoes. Apparently it's a muggle game, I'm going to have to ask one of the other students about it. A pretty fun game, little tiles with dots on them and you line them up with the same dots facing each other. I beat everyone at that game.

Eventually I had to nip to the toilet and discovered why my father was looking at me strangely, and why the older guys invited me out. Remember that shrinking potion I took during the summer? Well I made myself a growing potion to get me back to myself, but I think I over did it a bit. I have aged myself a little bit while growing too, which is good to know for future things. So I was taller and older looking which was why I had no trouble getting into the three broomsticks. Hmm will wonders never cease!

The boys decided that we should go to Honeydukes for some sweets. So many things in there! They had some samples which the boys were more than happy to help devour. After buying some things for later, the boys decided that we needed to go to the hogshead. I'm coming to the conclusion that we are doing a pub crawl, but there are only two, so we might be going back and forth between them.

Hogshead was a little more strange than the three broomsticks, but hey we had some more beer, and games there as well. I read their fortunes in the bowl of nuts and pretzel sticks that seemed to have come from no where. After the group of sheep arrived we decided it was getting a little crowded for us, so back we went back to the three broomsticks.

It was getting late, and the school was leaving, I had to make up the excuse that I was a trainee teacher and had to see my students back to Hogwarts. I'm glad they bought that excuse!

I really liked The three broomsticks best of all, as well as the company. Too bad I'm a little too young for any of the guys in real life. Then again, when did that stop me?

No comments: