Monday 16 February 2009

Yikes!

My homework for the trip is sooo late! But then again I wasn't able to go to Hogsmead for the fact I was at two archery competitions and just got back from school after a hard days work! I'm so not going to get any marks for this but I'll tell you my weekend anyways...........

So I found out that muggle archery isn't the same as Magic archery. Basically Muggle archery you have two types either: killing prey such as a deer or for sport by simply shooting at a target. Much more simple than Magic archery I must say. The only reason why I found out about this as one of the competitors is a Muggle and she explained it to me. I think I want to try this someday, not the killing part, but the target part.

Now magical archery is way more difficult and I was impressed that the Muggle did so well. Now the rules of magical archery are pretty much the same as Muggle archery, but it's like a horse jumping competition. You have to get your arrow around a course by shooting it like a normal arrow. Like I said much more difficult than normal archery.

So I came in third in my category at Sunday's competition, our team in my category came in third, and our seniors came in first! So it was a decent weekend I must say.

I also was able to charm a parking attendant into not giving us a parking ticket as our ride was parked in a non magic vehicle parking spot. So I saved us a heafty fine!

So that was what I was up to this weekend, sorry I missed Hogsmead that is always fun. I wonder if those guys I met the first time were there?

ETA: Hogsmead isn't until next week, how lucky! I can go! Totally need to get Ollie to start taking notes as I need someone to be my brain!

4 comments:

Hermione Bagnold said...

Wow! That magic archery sounds like fun!

Allitrya Spelling said...

Yay for not missing out on Hogsmeade, and well done on the archery! =) I'd like to tag you for a game--check out my blog for details. http://lilymayclearwater.blogspot.com/

Winnie said...

Quidditch Clue # 1: Why open Pandora's Box?

Winnie said...

Actually, the above is more like clue #2. Just forget the numbers and let the words lead your way :)